Hi! For couple of weeks I have longer time spend with my two daughter(s). Our activities mostly consist of cooking and baking. For span of two weeks, we find time for that and gaining weight for eating sweets doesn't feel good at all huh!.*le sigh* It's hard to control when you have delicious food within your reach. However I always love butter cake. It's one of my favorite that I enjoy eating as I sip my coffee.Baking your own at home is like a big fulfillment. My daughter gave me a big grin for baking the cake successfully, Now I think she finds her passion.
2 c. sugar
2 c. butter
3 1/2 c. cake flour
3 tsp. baking powder
3/4 c. chilled milk
1. Beat egg yolks with 1 cup sugar until fluffy
2. Cream butter and 1/2 cup sugar.
3 Add yolk mixture.
4. Sift cake flour and baking powder together.
5. Fold in alternately with chilled milk.
6. Beat egg whites with 1/4 cup sugar until stiff.
7. Fold in flour mixture.
8. Pour into 3 greased-lined- greased loaf pans.
9. Baked at 350 F for 40 minutes
10.Cool and wrap in plastic sheet to keep moist. Store at room temperature. Flavors improves after 24 hours.
Son1 and son2 are now on their semestral break too! Let's see what the days will bring for this family.
Happy Friday to all!
-all images by audrina julia